My Science Fair Experience

During our school's mini-science fair, they provided a variety of events in which students could participate in. The activities were organized by room and subject: constellations, climate change, Mars, and meteors, and my particular favorite was the space dome. This became my favorite out of all the rooms I got to visit since we talked about the different star constellations we can find littered throughout our galaxy. The experience reminded me of stargazing without being outside, of course. From the experience, I actually got to learn something new from the presentation, and that was that there are actually 13 zodiacs. I'm not really knowledgeable about those kinds of things, so I was quite surprised by that fact. 

The climate change room has another one of my favorites, though. I don't know if the person in charge of our group ever told us what it was called, but I loved the shocking metal plate thingy. When it's on, it shocks your hand when touching the plate. I loved this device because it allowed everyone to have a go, so everyone was included and got to experience it.


The last room was all about Mars and meteors. We got to know about the differences when a meteor is still in space, when it enters the earth's surface, and when it reaches the ground. Students were also able to try this challenge where we had to get a rod to the other side without touching the metal; however, I don't think anyone managed to actually win it.


Experiencing this sort of science fair again after having a similar one from my old school really made me feel nostalgic. Activities like the space dome or the ones from the climate change room are great for students because they help educate them on various different topics that they can involve themselves in. Being able to get involved with activities like the space dome or the things we got to play with in the meteor rooms was such an amazing experience to be part of. I can definitely say that this experience has become one of my favorites from this school year.


"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives"

- Robert Maynard Hutchins



pipicss<33


              



Comments

Popular Posts